January 21, 2016
Hi and welcome. Whenever your body and mind are comfortable you may start the timer and begin. The invitation is to simply notice what shows up for you. Take that observer you are and notice your thoughts. Just simply notice what’s going on for you right now. There is nothing to judge. There is nothing to take your attention. Just notice where you are and notice your thoughts.
- How are your thoughts?
- How is your thinking mind?
- Do you have a million thoughts zipping around?
- Or are you just thinking about one thing?
- Are you thinking about how uncomfortable or comfortable you are?
- Are you thinking about breakfast or lunch or dinner or snacks?
- What are your thoughts thinking about right now?
- Are your thoughts with you right now?
- Or are they at the office?
- Or at home?
- Or in the community?
Wherever your thoughts are there’s no judgement, there’s no wrong.
You are here to experience and understand what meditation is for you right now. This is your current understanding right now. Once again there is no right and there is no wrong. It is simply how you have been experiencing a time of quietness.
I want to invite you to allow yourself to understand what “quietness” is for you. Notice the difference between “solitude” “quietness” and “alone-ness.”
- What differences exist between those three?
- Is there any difference for you?
- How about your feet? If you have been standing or walking or running how are they?
- Have they been supporting you throughout the day so far?
- How about your knees and your hips?
- How are they allowing you to set up that foundation and that structure to allow you to go about your day?
And just notice…
- What is your mind thinking?
- What are your thoughts like?
- Where is your awareness?
And now for this quick meditation just identify for yourself what the goal of this course is for you.
- What is the goal for you in this course?
- What is the goal for you to add meditation to your life?
- Will you make meditation a habit in your life?
- Are you committed to allowing yourself to explore this activity?
- Are you willing to learn about yourself?
- Are you willing to learn about meditation?
- Are you willing to connect with that inner intuitive mind?
- How are the sensations on your skin?
- What sounds do your ears pick up?
- What sensations do you notice?
- What are your fingers touching?
- What is your body touching?
- What is touching your body?
If possible extend the breadth of your awareness to about 1 to 2 feet or 30 to 60 cm around your body.
- What are you becoming aware of now?
- What kind of sensations do you notice around yourself now?
And now, slowly, become aware of your awareness.
- How is your body?
- How is everything around you at this moment?
And now, whenever you’re ready, in whatever way is comfortable for you, bring yourself back into your physical body. Bring your awareness back into the physical body and notice it.
Slowly wiggle your toes and slowly wiggle your fingers. If you had your eyes closed you’re welcome to open them and slowly come out and just notice.